26 June 2012

Hamdy Al Azazy has been helping refugees from Sub-Saharan Africa in the Sinai peninsula as they try to reach Israel and has been working, (often using his own money), for 7 years on this mercy mission; these refugees are passed from one trafficker to another until they reach the Sinai, where Hamzy has been working to protect them from the groups that hold them for ransom. It has been said that those whose familes cannot, or will not, pay are used as organ donors.
Hamzy, who runs a language institute in Al Arish, North Sinai, has, and does, work hard to help these people - even taking time to search for bodies of those murdered so thay can now have a decent burial.
Many remain in camps in the Sinai on the hope of crossing the border.
Hamzt now is sure his life is in danger, and Everyone group have said for him to go to the Italian Embassy, but Egyptian police will not help him reach there.
Below is a message received by Roberto Mallini about 14:00 hours British time.
Dear Roberto Malini, dear John Stauffer,
this moment, i can't move from my place; I am 40 Km from Arish, if i feel the way to Cairo safety i will escape fast there and after call or go direct to Italian Embassy. I repeat again police told me, we can not do any thing for you, why you put yourself in this position? That is all. I am afraid, the traffickers may be find me or catch me in this case, they will torture me before kill me as they promised and told me.
Pray for me please until be out of Sinai. Hamdy

We ca n only hope and pray he will reach Cairo. What ever the outcome, once again, our Everyone Group has done everything in its power to help him

No comments: